By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more about cookies.
Our vision. To be a leading digital media owner.Creativity, quality and great service have always been the cornerstones of our activities. Our out-of-home media channels build brand awareness, stature and fame, and have been doing so for years, in cities, transport and retail hubs.
Now we have three investment pillars which are powering future growth in out-of-home media and transforming our business from outdoor to digital media.
We currently account for 45% of all digital out-of-home impressions. By the end of 2017 we plan to reach 50% of the population each week. That's #onebillioneyeballs every week.
Digital The right screens in the right locations, creating national scale and presence
Data Rich, location datasets that power campaign optimisation, relevance and audience targeting
Delivery Ad-serving platforms that drive the right ad to the right audience at the right time
In October 2017 JCDecaux, the UK’s market leader in Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH), announced its move towards automated trading and planning that will give partners seamless access to its 48% market share of digital viewed impressions in the UK (source: Route 24) . To accompany this automated platform, JCDecaux has also launched its industry-leading brand charter, named BranDO, to outline the automated trading standards that the company will adhere to. BranDO comprises a set of guidelines on the issues of viewability, measurement, accountability, transparency and brand safety, providing a blueprint for JCDecaux as it moves towards a more automated delivery model.
- Viewability – We will only measure ads that have been ‘viewed’ using the JIC-approved Route audience measurement system. This means ‘eyes on’ ad copy rather than an opportunity to see (viewed rather than viewable). We will only count real people and only those resident in the UK aged 15+.
- Measurement – All audience-viewed impressions will be published. We will provide the raw viewing logs that can be used for verification. Any data enrichment on top of the Route viewed impressions will be made available to all parties to the trade.
- Accountability – Playout reports direct from the media player will be published including any hardware or software issues. The process will be independently audited via PwC. A report on viewed impressions traded and viewed impressions delivered will be made available during and after the campaign.
- Transparency – We will publish a quarterly report at a global level of campaign compliance.
- Brand safety – We will have the highest regard for brand safety including the security of our networks. We will utilise the highest quality screens and definition for a brand safe canvas. We will ensure the build and locational quality of all our screens to ensure the environment of display is brand safe. We will comply by all legal and regulatory frameworks and ensure we strive for the highest standards in sustainability, health and safety.
- Automation – Automated trades will use the IAB approved OpenDirect and OpenRTB protocols. Copy will be approved to meet ASA and local authority standards for display in a public space.
Building brand fame. Classic media.JCDecaux classic media products build brands. They generate high levels of coverage and frequency and elevate an advertiser's message above the noise of other competing communication channels. Huge stand-out sites provide unmissable ownership of the UK’s major arterial routes and within the most important rail and air transport hubs across the UK. City centre, retail and transport media delivers a brand message at the point of action, influencing daily decision-making and purchase planning.
building brand fame. The digital transformation.Digital is at the heart of JCDecaux's vision and development. Dynamic, effective and engaging, and available across all our media channels, our reach is the most extensive in the marketplace.
#onebillioneyeballs. Digital market leaders.
We're already market leaders in digital out-of-home, with a 45% share of impressions. But we're continuing to transform our portfolio to realise our ambition: to be recognised as a leading digital media owner.
Our investment is powered by the '3 Ds' - digital out-of-home media channels, powered by data, perfectly delivered.
We are building best-in-class digital media products which will showcase advertising to the optimum. Our data investment means these campaigns can be optimised according to audience, reaching them with pinpoint accuracy by location, day of week and time of day using our exclusive supply-side platform and audience planning tool SmartBRICs. And in 2016 we unveiled our proprietary content management system, SmartContent, which delivers the right creative at the right time to the right place. Together, the 3 Ds optimise digital out-of-home, making it targeted, contextual and topical. Increasingly relevant, increasingly engaging and increasingly effective.